Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This morning was very relaxing. It's incredible the difference it makes when we don't have a patient for clinic. The lab went well. Accessory fulcrums were easy; I've been using some of them already. It was cool to see the difference between the sonic and the two types of ultrasonic scalers. The blood glucose is really easy to use. The saliva thing was okay, but it's gross to watch. I've already placed arestin at the VA; I'm glad we talked about it today. There's not much to medicaments; they are pretty easy.

My patient this afternoon made me mad. He called last night to say he might be cancelling if he can't find someone to work for him (even though he's been scheduled for a month). He said he would call at 10:00 today to let me know. I told him to leave me a message, and to call as soon as he could so I could find another pt if he couldn't come in. He never called. I tried to call several times, but he didn't answer. I figured he probably wasn't coming so I started to look for another pt. I couldn't find anyone, but then he did end up coming. After all that he was just a 1B! Oh well.

No comments: