Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9/23/08

Tuesday morning I just had a 1B with a set of bitewings. It all went really well; I didn't miss any spots. His gums were really inflamed by his lingual bar. I gave him some floss threaders to use; hopefully he uses them .

That afternoon was much better; I had a class 4. It was awesome. I've never seen anything like his mouth, even in a textbook. He is going to have all of his teeth extracted and is getting dentures. On #3 I could see the entire lingual root, and there was plenty of room to get instruments under it. The tooth was so mobile I was afraid to do any hand instrumentation on it; I would have pulled it out. I don't think I've seen so much calculus in every patient I've seen put together. It was so cool. I was glad Emily finished early; she suctioned for me, it helped so much. His anterior teeth were a lot more mobile after I scaled; the calculus was giving them a lot of support. When I was done it was incredible to see the difference between the two sides of his mouth. He'll be in next tuesday for me to finish. I'm excited! When he comes back in I am going to try to get used to the curved ultrasonic tips.

No comments: