Monday, September 15, 2008

9/9/08

My patient this morning was a recall. She was a class 2 the first time she came in and then a class 5 last time. Her last apt was 4 yrs ago, so I thought for sure she would be a class 2 again. She takes very good care of her teeth now though so she was a 5. It was a little disapointing, but it was cool to see how much she has improved. Her probe depths were better every time she came in. The first time she had some 8 mm pockets; now she had 2 4 mm pockets, but the rest were 2's and 3's. Her OH has improved so much. It's good to know that some of the things we tell our patients sink in and actually help.

My patient this afternoon was a class 5 also. She was the same kind of patient as this morning. She was very interested during OHI and was motivated to continue improving her home care.

Overall, today went really well. It all went smoothly. I missed a couple of spots, but I feel like my scaling skills are improving.

No comments: