Thursday, November 20, 2008

11-18-08

My morning patient was a class 3. She was missing a lot of teeth, so it was just 3 quads. For the most part her calculus came off pretty easily, but there were some spots that were very tenacious. I was able to pass of my perio file PE. She was really sensitive, but didn't want to be numb. She didn't even know what floss was. I talked to her about it and showed her how to use it. She kept asking for more things she could do to fix the infection in her mouth; she seemed interested when I was teaching her. Hopefully she will use it.

My afternoon patient was a class 5. She fell three weeks ago and hit her face on a step. Her teeth were mobile and she had a draining fistula. I took a PA. She has what looks like a periapical abcess. Dr. Anderton looked at it and said that she probably needs a RCT. He also adjusted the crown on the tooth that was the most mobile so she wouldn't be biting on it as heavily and it would be able to heal and tighten. Her tissues everywhere else looked so much better than they did last semester. She has been taking much better care of her teeth.

No comments: